West Lancashire Locomotive Trust
Preserving Steam Heritage for the future

Introduction
01

Joffre Locomotives
02

Locomotive Trust
03

News and Events
04

Contact Us
05
The Remaining Locos

 

The Remaining Six Joffre Locos

Here are details of the Six remaining locomotives.

Works No 2405  - Built 1915

Following use by French Government, the loco was purchased by Brunner & Marchand in August 1924 and sold to Carriers de la Vallee Heureuse in June 1930  The loco was purchased by West Lancashire Light Railway Group in October 1974.

The Picture below shows the locomotive soon after delivery to West Lancs Light Railway - for more details of its restoration see section later in this website, it is anticipated that this loco will be operational in July 2012.

 

Locomotive 2405 following arrival at Hesketh Bank 

 


 

 

Works No 2442 - Built 1915 

Following use by the French Government, the loco was purchased by Brunner & Marchand in June 1923 and  sold to Carriers de la Vallee Heureuse in October 1930. The loco was sold for use in the Narrow Gauge Railway Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog and in March 1998 the loco was purchased by the Tefi Valley Light Railway in South Wales.

Loco 2442 on display at Blaenau Ffestiniog

 

 

WORKS No 2451 - Built 1915

 Following use by French Government, the loco was purchased by Carriers de la Vallee Heureuse. The loco was sold for use in the Narrow Gauge Railway Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog, then passing to the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Association  in North Devon in  ???. this locomotive has now been restored to working order and has been named 'AXE'.

 


 WORKS No 3010 - Built 1916

Following use by the French Government, the loco was purchased by Brunner & Marchand in August 1924 and sold to Carriers de la Vallee Heureuse in June 1930.  The loco was sold for use in the Narrow Gauge Railway Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog and  in March 1998 was sold to Mr Mayes of Yaxham in Norfolk.

3010 on display at Blaenau Ffestiniog 


 WORKS No 3014 - Built 1916

Following use by the Frech Government, the loco eas purchased by Brunner & Marchand in June 1923 and sold to Carriers de la Vallee Heureuse in October 1930. The loco was sold for use in the Narrow Gauge Railway Centre, Blaenau Ffestiniog and in March 1998 was sold to members of the Moseley Railway Trust, whose equipment is currently in store, but who are creating a new Narrow Gauge Railway centre at Apedale Heritage Centre in Staffordshire,

The project is proceeding steadily, with the chassis having had  work undertaken on same, and the boiler is being rebuilt (2009) and the restoration has involved the co-operation of the West Lancs and the Moseley group's in  the manufacturing of items for both locomotives . This locomotive became operational late 2011 on the Apedale Valley Railway, Stoke-on-Trent.

 

 Loco 3014 on Display at entrance to Narrow Gauge Railway Centre in Blaenau Ffestiniog

 

3014 In Service at Apedale
 


 Works No - Unknown




Yet to be Identified, this Joffre survives largely intact in a remote location, in Gabon, Africa

 


IntroductionJoffre LocomotivesLocomotive TrustNews and EventsContact Us
The Remaining Locos
Restoration KS2405
KS 2405 Continued
Other Locos Progress
Other Loco Progress